Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Lizzie Kate - Strawberry

Another little drawstring bag - but not quite as little as the one in my previous post. This is Strawberry, a Lizzie Kate freebie which can be found in the files of the Lizzie Kate Yahoo Group. I stitched this one back in 2006 and had always planned to finish it as a lined treat bag the same way that I had finished another of Lizzie Kate's designs some years ago - piccie here. I hadn't planned the fabric border along the top though, until I came across this tutorial from The Floss Box. Julie has recently finished a couple of these lined drawstring bags with the border, which I thought looked really lovely, so I thought it was time to give it a go.




Strawberry is stitched on 28ct Star Sapphire Jobelan using the listed Gentle Arts Sampler Threads. Both fabrics for finishing are from Blackbird Designs Garden Party. I've lined it with the same print that I've used for the back. The strawberries tied to the ends of the drawstring ribbon came from Sayila and have been in my stash all this time, waiting for when I would eventually get round to the finishing!

Not a lot of stitching being done at the moment as I'm busy with housework, ironing etc., so that everything is up to date for when Colin gets home on Friday - WOO HOO I'm soooo excited!!

Thanks again for visiting. :o)

post signature

30 comments:

Missy Ann said...

That is beautiful! Thanks for the link to the tutorial. :)

Peonies & Magnolias said...

Gorgeous. Your stitching and finishing are just perfect.

Sandy

Patty C. said...

Well done :)

Patricia Lessell said...

Carol your stitching and finishing are always so perfect. Really love it and thanks for the link to the tutorial.
Lots of Love
Patti xxx

Tatyana-posidelki said...

Dear Carol! This bag is amazing! I'm fond of bags and made a lot of them but I fell in love with this strawberry one! :) You make so wonderful things. And photos are very beautiful. I love everithing! I'll follow your blog with pleasure. Kisses from Moscow! :)))

Sally said...

Oh Carol that is absolutely gorgeous. Thank you for the link to the tutorial. Think I shall try one of these soon.

Carol R said...

Very pretty stitch and finish Carol!

Karen said...

That is so pretty...the strawberry charms are precious!

Theresa said...

Gorgeous finish!!!! I love the charms on the string!!!! Very cute!!!

Nic said...

So pretty and summery - perfect!

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

A beautiful drawstring bag featuring my all time favorite summery fruit! Delicious and beautiful all around!

Tatkis said...

What a wonderful strawberry bag! I like it's shape, colors, fabrics and strawberry ends :)

Best wishes,
Tatyana

Natalia said...

Carol you are a wonderful finisher ! I love the combination of fabrics.

Berit said...

Strawberries are my favorite fruit (well, mustn't forget pineapple, too!), and this little bag is just perfect! On my way to have a look at the tutorial--have a great time with DH!

cuori e perline said...

Carol, this little drawstring bag is beautiful!!!
Hi from Italy
Annamaria

marylin & poussy said...

Hello oh it is magnificent and the magnificent button bravo to you
Best regards mary

Moreen said...

It looks beautiful Carol and the fabrics are a perfect match x

Susimac said...

Thats so pretty I love the strawberry charms you have used. Thankyou for the link to the tutorial too

Andrea said...

A gorgeous bag, the finishing as always...perfection. Thanks for the link too.

♥ Nia said...

Beautiful! Beautiful! Beautiful!! =)
Great work! Congrats :)

Julie said...

The tiny charms looks so pretty on this super finish.

Enjoy your time with Colin at home

xx

Dovilė said...

fresh summer touch:)

dany said...

Adorables ces petites fraises
Bisous Carol et bon dimanche

Unknown said...

I really like this your embroidery
ciao Pat

Dragon Watcher said...

Cute ! :)
Should try making one of these bags myself, thanks for the link :D

Theresa said...

This is so pretty. What a lovely blog you have - so many beautiful finishes.

Anne Sans Tete said...

What an adorable bag! I love it!

- Lisa N.

Vinniey said...

What a great idea to finish as a bag. Very creative and I think I should try making one too. :) Thanks for sharing this wonderful idea, Carol.

Linda M said...

Super cute, I enjoyed looking at all your stitching

Danielle said...

This turned out wonderful! Any tips on taking good stitching photos? Yours always looks great.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin